Halftime Live Official Contest Rules
Last Updated: 04/04/2018
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in SVUBC, Inc. d/b/a Readyfire, Inc.
("Readyfire," "we," "our,", "sponsor" or
"us") and our Halftime Live mobile application (the
"App"), along with our related networks and other services
provided in connection with the App (together with the App, the
"Service"). These Official Contest Rules
("Rules") govern your participation in the live sports-related
trivia competitions within the App (each, a "Contest") to try
and win prizes unless otherwise notified for a particular Contest. Please read
these Rules regularly as they may be updated or modified at any time by
Readyfire on a going forward basis. By participating in any Contest governed by
these Rules, you agree that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by
these Rules. These Rules are incorporated by reference into and form a part of
the Halftime Live Terms of Service located at the
"Terms". Each Contest is sponsored by Readyfire. Each Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Apple Inc. or its subsidiaries or affiliates.
- No Purchase Necessary; Contest of Skill. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN. Each Contest is sponsored by SVUBC, Inc. d/b/a Readyfire, Inc, located at 215 2nd St, FL 3 San Francisco, CA 94105. All Contests are contests of skill. All winners will be determined on an objective basis. A Contest is void where any aspect of the Contest is prohibited or limited by law or, where registration, bonding, translation or other localization required. Odds of winning depend on the skill and number of people participating.
- Entry Period. Each Contest will be announced through the App periodically, at times daily or more than once per day. You may join a Contest while it is live. Readyfire will determine the time period of any Contest in its sole discretion.
- How to Enter. To enter, once you have downloaded the App and registered for the Service (providing all required information), open the App at the appropriate time for a Contest and you will be given the opportunity to compete with other participants in the Contest. You will be given a fixed, limited amount of time to answer each question in a potential series of questions. If you fail to answer a question correctly, you will be eliminated. You must answer a question correctly to move to the next question/round. You must successfully answer all of the questions in a Contest and play the game to completion to be a potential winner. The winner of a Contest will be the last person remaining at the end of each Contest. If there are multiple persons remaining after all rounds of questions, such remaining persons will split the Prize (as described below) evenly.
- Verification and Disqualification. The winner will be notified in the App, by email, or by an alternate method of notification determined by Readyfire in its sole discretion. Winners are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility, compliance with these Rules and the Terms, and completion of any required documents. A player or winner may be disqualified from a Contest if he or she fails to comply with these Rules or the Terms, as determined in the sole discretion of Readyfire. Winner may also be required to furnish proof of identity, address and birth date. Readyfire reserves the right to disqualify and prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law any participant or winner who, in its reasonable suspicion, tampers with a Contest, the participation process, violates the Terms, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Employees of Readyfire and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies and any other entity involved in the development or administration of this Contest, and its immediate family members or household members are not eligible to participate in or win the Contest.
- Prizes. The total amount of cash awarded in connection with any such Contest will be indicated in connection with such Contest. The winner of a Contest will receive a cash prize, determined in Readyfire's sole discretion (the "Prize"). In the case of multiple winners, the winners will split the Prize evenly. The Prize will be payable in US dollars, and winner is responsible for any costs or expenses related to currency conversion or payment. The total of accrued Prizes may be viewed through your App account. You will need a minimum Prize balance of $5 in your account to cash-out via PayPal, a third-party service, or such other third-party service selected by Readyfire in its sole discretion. Contest winner's failure to cash-out the Prize within 90 days will be considered such Contest winner's forfeiture of the Prize and Readyfire may, at its option and sole discretion, choose not to award the Prize at all. Prize fulfillment will be subject to the terms, conditions, and privacy policies of PayPal, located at http://www.paypal.com, or any other third-party fulfillment provider.
- Your Compliance With Laws. By entering the Contest or accepting a Prize, you agree to conform (and, as applicable, that you have conformed) to all laws and regulations. It is your responsibility to comply with the contest laws of your jurisdiction. You acknowledge that certain jurisdictions have laws regarding contests that may prevent Readyfire from awarding you your Prize. If you are a winner and this happens to be the case with your jurisdiction, you acknowledge that you may not be able to receive any Prize at all from Readyfire. By entering this Contest, you acknowledge the risks, and understand that you may win but not be able to receive a Prize.
- Additional Prize Limitations. In no event shall Readyfire be obligated to award any prizes other than the Prize specified. Readyfire does not guarantee that the Prize can be made available to the winner. The Prize is not assignable and not transferable and no substitutions are permitted, except by Readyfire who has the right to substitute the Prize with another of comparable value in its discretion. In addition, if the Prize is unable to be fulfilled to the winner due to any applicable law, rule or regulation, or if the winner is ineligible or cannot claim the Prize for any reason, then Readyfire reserves the right to not award the Prize at all.
- Taxes. Readyfire has the right to withhold payment or awarding of the Prize as it believes reasonably necessary for legal compliance, including any tax regulations. You may have to provide a Social Security number or Taxpayer ID prior to the awarding of any Prize. Winner shall be responsible and liable for all taxes on or in connection with the Prize.
- Publicity Release. A winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and a publicity release that, among other things, will allow Readyfire to use the winner's name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation where permitted by law. Except where prohibited, participation in a Contest constitutes your consent to Readyfire's use of your name, App user name, likeness, voice, opinions, testimonials, biographical information, hometown and jurisdiction for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration. Notwithstanding any rights of publicity, privacy or otherwise (whether or not statutory) anywhere in the world, your acceptance of a Prize constitutes your: (i) authorization to: (a) have Readyfire (and its agents, consultants and employees) photograph, record, tape, film and otherwise visually and audiovisually record you; (b) have Readyfire (and its agents, consultants and employees) use, reproduce, disseminate, alter, edit, dub, modify, distort, add to, subtract from, process and otherwise exploit any results of such activity (including without limitation any manner in which such activity may be recorded or remembered or modified) or derivatives or extensions or imitations thereof in any manner that Readyfire sees fit, in any medium or technology known or hereinafter invented, throughout the universe in perpetuity, including without limitation for illustration, art, promotion, advertising, trade or any other purpose whatsoever; and (ii) your waiver any right that you may have to examine or approve the completed product or products or the advertising copy or printed matter that may be used in conjunction therewith or the use to which it may be applied.
- Readyfire Determinations and Right to Amend or Terminate Contests. Decisions of Readyfire are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Contest. Readyfire reserves the right to shorten, extend, modify, or cancel any Contest, in its sole discretion, at any time and without notice, even though such action may affect your ability to win a prize. Readyfire is not responsible for any typographical or other error in printing or description of any Contest. In the event of shortening, extension, modification or cancellation of a Contest, Readyfire shall promptly post a notice on the App.
- Contest Limitations of Liability. EACH CONTEST IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND REGARDING A CONTEST. Participation in a Contest is at entrant's own risk. Readyfire shall not be liable for any technical or logistical issues that may prevent you from participating in a Contest or claiming a Prize, including, but not limited to: (i) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner in connection with an entry; (ii) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind; (iii) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant's ability to participate in the Contest; (iv) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, Internet, computer equipment, software, phones, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile device related to or resulting from downloading the App or otherwise in connection with this Contest.
- Winners List and Copies of Rules. To receive a complete list of winners or a copy of Contest Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Readyfire, 215 2nd St, FL 3 San Francisco, CA 94105.